The non-asbestos gasket is a static sealing component that solves "operation, discharge, dripping and leakage". Due to the existence of many static sealing structures, according to these static sealing forms, flat gaskets, oval gaskets, lens gaskets, conical gaskets, liquid gaskets, O-rings and various self-sealing gaskets have appeared. When there is no doubt that the flange connection structure or the threaded connection structure, the static sealing surface and the gasket and other valve parts are intact, the gasket should be installed correctly. In this issue, Huaian non-asbestos board manufacturers provide you with precautions for installing sealing gaskets, and I hope it will help you.
What are the precautions for using gaskets?
1. Rubber sheet gaskets with increased strength of the reinforced fabric may cause penetration and leakage between the reinforced fabrics; in order to avoid penetration and leakage, other gaskets are usually selected.
2. Due to different fluids, the gasket may expand and dissolve. Therefore, materials suitable for the fluid must be selected.
3. When tightening with a larger tightening force, the washers will squeeze between the bolts, please be careful not to over tighten;
4. As a full-plane gasket, used for flange sealing below Class 150 / PN2.0;
5. If the sealing gasket is soft, it is difficult to smoothly install it on the flange, so for some flanges, it is recommended to use 4.0mm or larger gaskets.
What are the precautions for installing the gasket?
1. Before assembling the gasket, coat a layer of graphite powder or graphite powder mixed with oil (or water) on the sealing surface, gasket, thread of bolts and nuts, and rotating parts. The gasket and graphite should be kept clean.
2. The gasket must be installed on the sealing surface so that it is centered, correct, not skewed, and do not extend into the valve cavity or lean on the shoulder. The inner diameter of the gasket should be larger than the inner hole of the sealing surface, and the outer diameter should be slightly smaller than the outer diameter of the sealing surface to ensure that the gasket is evenly compressed.
3. Only one gasket can be installed, and two or more gaskets are not allowed to be installed between the sealing surfaces to eliminate the insufficient gap between the two sealing surfaces.
4. The oval gasket should be sealed so that the inner and outer rings of the gasket are in contact, and the two ends of the gasket should not be in contact with the bottom of the groove.
5. For the installation of O-rings, in addition to the ring and groove which should meet the design requirements, the amount of compression should be appropriate. The flatness of metal hollow O-rings is usually 10% to 40%. The compression deformation rate of the rubber O-ring is cylindrical. The static sealing of the upper part is 13%-20%; the static sealing surface is 15%-25%. For higher internal pressure, the compression deformation should be higher when using vacuum. Under the premise of ensuring sealing, the smaller the compression deformation rate, the better, which can prolong the service life of the O-ring.
6. Before placing the gasket on the cover, the valve should be in the open position to avoid affecting installation and damaging valve components. When closing the cover, align the position and do not touch the gasket by pushing or pulling to avoid displacement and scratching of the gasket. When adjusting the position of the cover, lift the cover slowly and then align it gently.
7. When installing bolts or threaded washers, the washers should be in a horizontal position (the gasket cover is used for threaded connection, if there is a wrench position, do not use a pipe wrench). The screw fastening should adopt a symmetrical, alternating and even operation method. The bolts should be fastened completely, neatly and not loose.
The above is the entire content of some precautions for installing gaskets introduced by the non-asbestos board manufacturer. For more information, please visit the company's official website!